With the majestic Serra da Marofa as an astonishing and breathtaking background between the valley's of the rivers Coa and Agueda, which flows into the international and neighboring Douro River, we find the beautiful Castelo Rodrigo.  It has been recognized as a wine tradition village where high quality wines have been being produced for many years now.

It was during the 12th century that the Cistercian Monks, who inhabited the nearby convent of Saint Maria de Aguiar, which started the cultivation of vineyards and placed all their knowledge and mastery in the production of wines of excellence.

Today, Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo's winery is assumed as the heir of their knowledge and art.  Founded in 1956 by 154 members, it currently has 800 members.

Every year, on harvest season, our cellar receives approxiomately 8.5 million kilos of grapes obtaining a production of about 6.5 million liters of wines which about 55% is white and the remaining 45% is red.

Our wine cellar belongs to the demarcated region of "Beira Interior" in the sub-region of Castelo Rodrigo.  This sub-region is characterized by a Continental/Mediterranean climate with soils where the sales and sand stones prevail.

Adega Castelo Rodrigo

play button.png
play button.png

Castelo Rodrigo

Touriga Nacional

DOC Beira Interior

  • TERROIR: Region with a continental Mediterranean climate and with shale and sandy soils.

  • VARIETY: Touriga Nacional (99%).

  • VINEYARD: Created with grapes from selected vineyards from Castelo Rodrigo and with a follow up in maturation.

  • WINEMAKING: Temperature control fermentation with prolonged maceration. Spent 8 month in French oak.

  • CONSUMPTION: Immediately or up to 6 years in a cool shaded place.

  • SERVICE: 16ºC

  • TASTING: Aroma the wild blackberries and floral touchs caracterstics of the variety. Structuralized well.

  • CUISINE: Accompanies grilled and roasted red meats.

Siria

DOC Beira Interior

  • TERROIR: Region with a continental Mediterranean climate and with shale and sandy soils.

  • VARIETY: Síria (99%)

  • VINEYARD: Created with grapes from selected vineyards from Castelo Rodrigo and with a follow up in maturation.

  • WINEMAKING: Controlled temperature fermentation. End of fermentation in French oak barrels (3 month), periodic reassembly of them you splodge ends.

  • CONSUMPTION: Immediately or up to 2 years in a cool shaded place.

  • SERVICE: 10ºC

  • TASTING: Tropical fruits aroma. Long and persistent flavour.

  • CUISINE: Serve with fish dishes, seafood and white meats.

 
 

Red Wine

DOC Beira Interior

  • TERROIR: Region with a continental Mediterranean climate and with shale and sandy soils.

  • VARIETY: Tinta Roriz, Rufete, Marufo and Touriga Franca.

  • VINEYARD: Created with grapes from selected vineyards from Castelo Rodrigo and with a follow up in maturation.

  • WINEMAKING: Temperature control fermentation maceration. Spent six month in french oak.

  • CONSUMPTION: Immediately or up to 5 years in a cool shaded place.

  • SERVICE: 16ºC

  • TASTING: Red berries aroma. Round and harmoniously finish.

  • CUISINE: Accompanies meat dishes and cheeses.

 

White Wine

DOC Beira Interior

  • TERROIR: Region with a continental Mediterranean climate and with shale and sandy soils.

  • VARIETY: Síria (60%) and Malvasia Fina (30%) with other grapes varieties in small percentage (10%).

  • VINEYARD: Created with grapes from selected vineyards and with a follow up in maturation.

  • WINEMAKING: Slow fermentation at low temperature.

  • CONSUMPTION: Immediately or up to 2 years in a cool shaded place.

  • SERVICE: 10ºC

  • TASTING: Fruits aroma. Round and harmoniously finish.

  • CUISINE: Serve with fish dishes, seafood and white meats.

 

Please enjoy our wines responsibly. Copyright © 2017 by Rego Fine Wine.  All rights Reserved.

  • White Instagram Icon
  • YouTube - White Circle