With the majestic Marofa Mountain as an astonishing and breathtaking background, between the valleys of the rivers Côa and Águeda, which flow into the international and neighboring Douro River, we find the beautiful and picturesque village of Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo.

 

It has been recognized as a wine tradition village where high-quality wines have been being produced for many years now.

It was during the 12th century that the Cistercian monks, who inhabited the nearby convent of Santa Maria de Aguiar, started the cultivation of vineyards and placed all their knowledge and mastery into the production of wines of excellence.

Today, Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo's winery is assumed as the heir of their knowledge and art. Founded in 1956, every year in the harvest season, our cellar receives approximately 8.5 million kg of grapes obtaining a production of about 6.5 million liters of the wine of which about 55% is white and the remaining 45% is red.

Our wine cellar belongs to the demarcated region of "Beira Interior" in the sub-region of Castelo Rodrigo. This sub-region is characterized by a continental/Mediterranean climate with soils where the shales and sandstones prevail.

 
 

DOWNLOAD OUR CATALOG

CONTACT US

78 John Miller Way - Kearny, NJ 07032 USA

 info@regowine.com

Please enjoy our wines responsibly. Copyright © 2017 by Rego Fine Wine.  All rights Reserved.

  • White Instagram Icon
  • YouTube - White Circle